We are always accepting resumes for our security technicians. Send resume to email@example.com
The Security Installation Technician will be responsible for the installation of fire alarm, burglar alarm, card access, and CCTV systems as arranged by our installation coordinator. The Security Installation Technician will also be responsible for assisting in the instruction of subscribers in operational procedures and care of equipment.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Perform Installation, Troubleshooting, Commissioning, and Maintenance activities related to Alarm Detection Systems, Door/Access Control Systems, Public Address/Intercom Systems, CCTV Systems, and Control & Display Systems.
- May be required to participate in large projects, direct junior technicians and trades.
- Participate in on-call emergency hours as needed. Take part in the normal on-call rotation for emergency after-hours service.
- Interface directly with sales staff to verify job quotes and to answer questions and handle both internal and external customer problems in a timely manner, and when necessary, draft written responses or replies by phone, e-mail, fax, or mail.
- Provide consistently high levels of customer service
- Performs other duties as directed.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent
- College diploma in Security Systems or Electronics
- Minimum of three years experience in the security industry working as an installer of security devices/systems.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, electrical, and mechanical drawings.
- Ability to make programming changes to any systems in the field via laptop computer, keypad, or local programmer.
- Experience working with a variety of hand and power tools.
- Willingness to travel to Canadian-based customer sites.
- Must be comfortable with working at heights up to 30 feet.
- Ability to pass a criminal records check
- Proficient in using test equipment such as an oscilloscope, optical test meter, and serial analyzer.
- Proficient in the operation of computers and computer networks.
- Proven ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Must be able to work as a part of a team or independently on projects from start to finish.
- Valid drivers license required
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of staff and management.
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Physical ability to lift up to 75lb
- Work at heights up to 30 feet
- Travel to the site and off-site locations will be required
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Will be exposed to construction sites and/or manufacturing shop-floors